Dead End Follies Review Policy v5
So 2016 turned out to be my busiest year after all. I'm pumped over 100 book reviews, close to 50 movie reviews and launched a television segment on the site despite claiming I wanted to slow things down and focus on quality this year. The site is popular, so it's difficult to complain, right? This is still a concern for me going in 2017 but the stakes are higher this time. So, I've updated my review policy and turned it into somewhat of a manifesto for your enjoyment. These rules will be applicable starting January 1st 2017. I will finish 2016 the way I started it.
- Submit your books/screeners/albums to benoitlelievre (at) gmail (dot) com. Kindle format (.mobi) or paperback. This is for consideration only. Audience interest and thematic fit will be the judge of whether or not I read it. I'm not turning down anything, but I don't make guarantees. The priority of this site is the audience and not the artists. No, they aren't the same.
- If I read your book, it guarantees you a Goodreads and an Amazon review. Not a blog review. There will be 6 book reviews a month starting on January of 2017, so 72 book reviews in total. Books I either highly recommend or profoundly detest will make it on the site.
- Feel free to query site contributor Gabino Iglesias for reviews. Whatever he writes will not be factored in the aforementioned totals. I am not responsible for his TBR, though.
- Do your homework. This site has niche interests and I do not review every genre. If you don't think you're an editorial fit, please save us both the time and don't submit.
- Pre-release reviews are good business for everyone, but please be reasonable about it and give me the book/movie/album a couple weeks before release so I can insert it in my editorial schedule.
- Self-published material is immediately turned down unless recommended by someone I trust. Sorry, the quality just isn't there most times.