Vote for My Next Book Review...June Edition
This ambitious little project of reviewing a book YOU choose each month is reaching the half-year point, woohoo! Thanks to you all for participating. Numbers are increasing every month, but I get in average eight to twelve participants and close to thirty suggestions for each draw. Last month I had the fun challenge to review a book I had already read a decade ago and gain a new perspective on it, but let's move to new and exciting things in June. I want you to challenge me, guys. Suggest me books you didn't completely understand or books that everyone seemed to love except you. Be creative, but don't forget I reserve myself the right to dismiss suggestions if I believe they're not going to interest anyone. That means none of the long-ass James Joyce books are eligible. Otherwise, hit me internets!
Here are the titles I've reviewed so far:
Sean Kilpatrick - Sucker June (February)
Constance Ann Fitzgerald - Glue (March)
Robert McCammon - Boy's Life (April)
Chuck Palahniuk - Rant (May)
Now, for the voting rules:
1) Multiple Entries are accepted AND encouraged. Try to limit yourself at five, though. So that it remains fair for everybody.
2) One book per author. Name four horror novels if you want, but only one Stephen King.
3) Name the author AND title, Any suggestion that doesn't contain both will be disregarded.
4) Try and stick to whatever title you'd like my opinion on. Whether it's an author you love, hate or are on the fence about reading. I keep myself a discretionary right of disregarding suggestions I believe wouldn't be enjoyed by anyone except the person suggesting (i.e. their own book).
5) Only ONE voting channel now, guys. PLEASE vote on the Facebook post, so I can have all the suggestions in the same place for Woobox. I'll place the link to it in the comment section, so you guys only have to click through to get to it.
6) New month, new list. If you want to suggest the same book than last month, re-enter it under this post. If there isn't an existing review of it, I'm opened to reading it.
7) Super rare books MIGHT get dismissed if I cannot get them delivered in time. It happened last month, two Greek books were suggested and they would've have arrived for March so I scrapped them from the draw.
This time, I will hold the draw on June 9 via Facebook Live. This is in EIGHT DAYS so make sure to vote in time. Let's get 15 participants and 40 titles in!